Monday, December 17, 2012

Ryan M - Fraud Victim - Complaint

Pompano Fitness located at 1955 North Federal Highway  Pompano Beach, FL 33062 has processed unauthorized charges on my debit card, on 4 different accounts. I cancelled my membership in the month of August, 2012. It is now December, 2012, and they have continued to charge me each month.

I was assured by Chris in billing that my membership was cancelled. They even called me to confirm that I wanted to cancel. I called them when I noticed the unauthorized charges on my account. They said they would have billing call me back, which they never did. I called in several different times and each time they tell me they will have someone call back, which they never do. Finally I got fed up and demanded to speak with someone. They proceeded to tell me that I am a liar and never cancelled my membership.

I specifically went out of my way to cancel my membership, so I wasn't being charged after I moved to my new house. Not only did they continue to charge me, call me a liar, and refuse to refund any unauthorized charges, but I am far from the only victim in this same exact situation. There are many, many other reviews on various sites about the fraud this company is committing. They are currently rated F- by the Better Business Bureau.

This website is dedicated to exposing Pompano Fitness for the fraudulent company it is and helping to prevent others from giving their financial information to these criminals.

2 comments:

  1. I had the exact same scenario with Pompano Fitness. The elusive "Chris" who handles billing was unable to produce my original contract and although I completed two cancelation forms, I was continually billed. About fifteen phone calls were never returned. This place is a complete fraud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had this problem with Pompano Beach Fitness from about July. 2012 to Feb. 2013. I had to close my credit card to keep them from making any more fraudulent charges. It was typically my monthly fee two or three times a month for over 6 months including a $15 late charge nearly every time!! It took this long before I noticed. I was stupid for not following my credit card statements more closely. I lost it when I found it. I tried to confront that owner guy I called before I drove up and he hung up on me the first time I called back and he denied it and said they use an accounting company and I could contact them on Monday, this was a Friday night. He stole nearly $500 from me. My bank told me there was nothing I could really do. I could have attempted to get back the previous three months in charges but he had actually skipped over charging me in January so I would have only recovered 2. I reported that place to better business bureau, but they do nothing to shut down anyone... I'm way more careful with gyms now. I pay cash only.

    ReplyDelete