Monday, December 17, 2012

Cristina - Fraudulent Charges and Deception - Complaint

I attended this gym for less than a year last year. I was paying month by month, but I decided to buy a year contract and I paid in full.However, they continue to take money from my checking account for a couple of months until I noticed it on my bank statements. I went back and complained about it with the owner David and his accountant Cristina. They told me that they would refund the money every other week until the money was refund in full. What a suprise! They only refund twice out of 6 payments and when I went back to complain about it and said that I was going to take them to court, I got yelled by his accountant and I was told by her that if I wasn't a "nice lady" I would get nothing back from them. So, I decided to be a "nice lady" so that I could get my money back. After a couple of trips back there with nothing being taking cared for, I decided to go back there for the last time. So, after talking to te owner David,he told his accountant Cristina to get my bank card and refund what he owned to me! Surprise again! What a scam! According with my bank the money was never put back into my account.THEY NEVER REFUND THE MONEY EVEN THOUGH I was TOLD THEY DID!I got the conclusion that they disconnected the machine and in reality the money was never put back into my account. So, watch out for your money because you may be the next victim!

1 comment:

  1. Pompano Fitness has continued to engage in fraudulent billing. After being a member of their gym for at least 5 years, I switched to month-by-month billing.
    I cancelled my account in Dec. 2012, and have a receipt. The receipt does not state # of days advance notice to cancel, and 3-4 calls to the gym yielded no answers. Every time I called, the "finance" person(Dave) was either not in or unavailable.
    Pompano Fitness continued to bill me for Jan and Feb. 2013, although I had cancelled my membership.
    I contacted my ccard company and got the charges reversed. Suddenly, I was deluged with calls from the gym's finance dept., and received no less than 5 letters within 6 weeks telling me to "update my ccard info" so my membership could continue!
    Clearly, this gym has problems: they continue to bill me after my ccard company put a block on future charges.
    I have filed a report with the BBB and have warned neighbors, friends and colleagues to avoid this gym.
    There are too many other fitness options close by, thus no need to deal with the illegal billing practices and harassment from Pompano Fitness.

    ReplyDelete